As good as I hoped it would be...

Ahhh...what an amazing weekend! It was everything I'd hoped it would be from beginning to end. And the kids did great which made my time away that much more relaxing. I didn't tried not to text Mom too much to see what was going on and how the kids were doing and was grateful that everytime her response was positive. I got to enjoy my husband more than I have in years! And I think he enjoyed enjoying me, too. :)



Here we are getting ready to leave for the weekend. Doesn't Bri look awesome? And I wasn't kidding about the hot dress, isn't that fun?? I got some great compliments on it and I loved feeling like a woman and not just a mom. (I didn't even dare pick Claire up to say goodbye because I would've been doused with spit-up for sure.)

We left the kids in the loving, capable hands of Bri's sister, Colleen, and were on our way (Mom was on her way from Roseau so she didn't arrive until after 9pm). We had tickets to a special showing of Triple Espresso at Bethel with some dear friends of ours, Ang and Jer. I'm so sad I didn't take a picture of them, they are so darn cute! We laughed our way through 3 hours of the night and then went to Old Chicago for a bedtime snack.

If you ever get a chance to go see Triple Espresso you MUST go. It is hilarious!

On to the Westin Hotel in Edina. We pulled up around midnight and walked into a beautiful room with a big bathroom and a plush bed. It was perfect! When checking in we decided we didn't need the key to the mini bar (I'm not one to pay $10 for 2 oz. of cashews) but quickly realized I need a place to store milk so Bri got "un-cozied" and trucked back downstairs to get the key. Isn't he something?


10am. That's what time we woke. 10am. I still can't believe it! Yeah, it was late night but...10am!! Ahhh. Divine.

The day was spent relaxing, shopping and eating. We went to Southdale for a little retail therapy and then headed back to our room to watch a movie. Actually, Bri watched a movie and I spent the next 1 1/2 hours bathing, showering, fixing, primping. All because I could, without interruptions. No one yelling for water, crying because they got hurt, waking the baby...I had forgotten what that was like.

And because there are still sacrifices to be made after 10 years, I tried a new food at supper. I'm not big on new foods. Especially new foods I've already decided I don't like. BUT, in the interest of keeping some spice in our marriage, I tried SUSHI. And it wasn't bad! Actually it was pretty delicious ok but I don't dare say that too loudly or Bri will have me eating all sorts of disgusto stuff!
Me, proving that I did eat eel. For real!
The night ended after some dessert at McCormick's and Scmick's which was right in the hotel. We watched TV in bed and drifted off into peaceful sleep. All tangled up together because I wasn't maxed out on being touched without my three little leeches around...

Breakfast Sunday morning was a little bitter-sweet. I think I could've done one more day! I was missing baby #3 but loved the time with my BABY and didn't want it to end quite yet. We enjoyed a healthy breakfast at Good Earth Restaurant in the Galleria and then headed home. The kids were happy to see us, Mom looked like she'd had a pretty good time and Claire was ready to be fed by her momma again!
My yummy bacon and cheese omelet.

Bri's corned beef hash and eggs.

I didn't realize how much we needed time to be us. Just us. The way we were when everything began. Time to keep the foundation strong. It was truly refreshing! Oh, and because my husband is truly the most amazing man around, he made me a 100 page picture book covering our lives together. It's tear-jerkingly beautiful and brought back memories from our life together that had long been forgotten. Oh how I love that man!
The album Bri made for me with a picture of our handprints in cement. We made that imprint just a few weeks after we started dating.

Comments

  1. Just when I think it can't get any better, you tell another aspect of the weekend and I die! The book???? Seriously, clone the man! The dress...so stinkin' cute, I may have to borrow...the Westin-absolutely perfect! So happy you did it and had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had more sons... just so they could marry more Tembers.... I love you honey! That dress 'rocks'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie says:
    I reeeeeeeeeeealy like your dress!It goes awesome with the boots!:0

    p.s Do you think I could be in your blog sometime(just once,thats all)?
    LOVE,Madelyn:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you