I wish they still made...
Twerps
They were chewy perfection. Licorice on the outside, chewy fruity deliciousness on the inside. I'm not sure why they quit making them. I'm certain I ate enough of them myself to keep that candy line going. (I found some online a while ago and bought them but they were so old that they'd almost fossilized!)
Original Nacho Doritos
Do you remember when they were even more irresistible? Before they made them "New Nacho Cheesier"? I shouldn't complain. I can still eat a big bag in one sitting so I guess they mustn't have messed them up too badly. But still...
MacIntosh's Caramel
For those of you who grew up near Canada, you'll remember this delightful candy. It was like caramel taffy. We'd have to cross the border to a small Canadian gas station/restaurant/bar to get these little wonders. Back then the foreign exchange rate worked to our advantage in a big way! I'd save all my babysitting money and wait until we made a trip South Junction, Manitoba. I'd run in, locate the MacIntosh and hand over my superior American dollars in exchange for several caramel bars. We'd put the taffy in the freezer (or just outside for a couple minutes) and then hit it on something hard to break it into small pieces. I rationed this stuff like no other. And it's safe to say I NEVER shared. As far as I was concerned, my siblings could buy their own. They do still sell MacIntosh's Caramel but not in bar-form and only in Canada. Boo.
Is there a product that went off the market that you miss?



Comments
Post a Comment