Pert Near Perfect

By pert near, I mean it was really quite amazingly the most perfect Sunday I've experienced in a long time. I'm not sure how it could've been better. It was one of those days where I could see, feel and hear God's love at every turn. The glory of creation on a warm Fall day is breath-taking in this part of the country. How thankful I am for 4 seasons!

The day started with breakfast with my dad. He came to see us for a night before heading back up to St. Cloud for a fishing show. How great is that?! Having my folks so far away makes me anticipate every moment I get with them.

Grandpa Lee with Sam, Claire and Caleb

We packed up and headed to church. The sermon was on "Speaking Sweeter". Part of the Live Like You Were Dying series that we're doing. Such great reminders about the power of our words. I left encouraged to use my words to offer love and support to those around me.

Off to Apple Junction in Hastings after church! We convinced Bri's folks, Papa and Nannie, to skip church (for shame, I know!) and come with us as they were arriving for the 2nd service just when we were leaving the 1st. I think God was fine with it. We enjoyed a PERFECT morning of apples, pumpkins, apple donuts, caramel apples, petting zoos, tractor rides, apple brats and much laughter.


Daddy, the boys, and their prized pumpkins!

Apples!

A rare family photo...

Nannie and Papa- how cute are they?!!


Home for naps. I don't even need to explain the glory of a nap on a Sunday afternoon!

Pack up once again and head to carve pumpkins with some dear friends. It was a couple hours of catching up, laughing, playing, carving, competing and rejoicing in the rare warm October day. The boys played hard with the other boys and dads. My mind is brimming with images of friends conversing, children playing, halloween treats, yummy pizza...
Caleb and Sam with their cool GREEN pumpkins!

Our final destination for the day was Uncle Jason and Auntie Kini's house to have Bible study and let the cousins play. The 6 of us (Bri's folks, too) are following the sermon series by doing a home group study as well. It was a blessed time of sharing and enjoying each other.

As we were crawling in bed, Bri and I realized that the kids had been really good all day. We went to bed feeling filled, blessed, joyful, and so grateful to God for our children, family and friends.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you