A crossover I could do without
I'm a country girl, born and raised.
I'm often told by others they can tell I'm from a small town.
I always take that as a compliment whether it was inteded to be or not.
I also LOVE country music.
I'm talking real country music.
George Strait.
Johnny Cash.
Tracy Lawrence.
Shania Twain.
Brad Paisley.
So I'm having a hard time embracing one of the latest pop-to-country crossovers.
There's just nothing country about the man!
Whenever I hear him singing a country song I can't get this picture out of my head.
And I hear "Tiiiiiiimmmme, why you punish me?"
He's loved by many in the country realm and has even unsuccessfully tried his hand at a cowboy hat.
Hmmm....
More often he is seen in a baseball cap which I appreciate.
Let's not work too hard to be someone we're not!
While his songs may be great and have a message that would usually make my heart melt, all I can think about when I hear him sing is Hootie and the Blowfish.
I'm guessing that will never change.
For now, I'll just keep changing the country station whenever his songs come on...
Because that's one "crossover" I just can't love!



Comments
Post a Comment