Rock A Bye Baby

I rocked BabyGirl to sleep tonight.
Because I could.
The boys asleep,
Bri at work...

Soaking in every perfect feature.
Pale hand resting on my chest, skin nearly translucent revealing tiny blue veins.
Cheeks that feel like satin beneath my fingertips.
Eyebrows, so fine, smooth as silk.
Not a line on her face save the crease of her chin.
Sweet baby breath.
Beautiful rosebud lips like her daddy...













Gentle rhythmic breathing.
Sound of her sucking on her plug.

Grinning so big in the land between awake and sleep, losing the plug.
Suck*Suck*Suck  **smile**  PLOP


Baby blue eyes not quite closed...
As if she didn't want to miss a moment either.

Our God, so amazing to create the beautiful intricacies of a baby.
Giving us the opportunity to experience a love so big and so outside ourselves.
Oh how I love Him for that...

Comments

  1. Oh, I have chills and I love it!! She is a little rosebud isn't she? Loves and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you