I think I married up...

I was watching an old rerun of King of Queens the other night. I don't remember exactly how it came up but the whole episode was about who married "up". You know, someone marrying someone out of their league for one reason or another. It's an hilarious show because at first glance, Doug certainly married up. However, after watching what it's like to live with Carrie I'd have to say she married up. Of course an argument ensued and I'm not sure if they ever came to an agreement. So I brought up this concept of marrying up in a conversation with Bri and we had fun figuring out who of our friends and family married up. Naturally the discussion turned to which of us married up. He said he did, I said I did. In the end we decided that we were really just a good match with neither being the "up" or "down". But, folks, I must say, I really did marry up. Here are just a few reasons why...
*My mom got a star sapphire ring from my dad as a promise ring when they were dating. I always loved the symbolism of it and had told Bri about it at some point. A few Christmas's ago, this is what I got from my dear man- my very own star sapphire ring.
*I spent a lot of time in the last few months trying to find the perfect mother's necklace. We are done having kids and I wanted something with our kids' names on it that I could wear with anything. Everything I liked was either really expensive or over done. Bri looked at a few of the necklaces I liked and surprised me with this necklace that he MADE! It's a washer with the middle filled in with copper and he engraved the names of our kids on it. On the back is a Bible verse reference: Prov. 31:28. Amazing.
*After losing my keys in a store (I did finally find them), I found I had a new keychain on my key the next day. Made by my husband with a flower engraved on one side and my name and phone number on the other just in case I lost them again...

*This is a glass window hanging he made for me earlier in our marriage. It's flowers and leaves pressed between two pieces of glass with a maple frame. I thought it was so beautiful, couldn't believe he thought to make something lovely. 2 months later I noticed that it was more than just leaves and petals. Can you see what it says? (And he didn't even tell me it said anything, just let me figure it out on my own! Now that's patience...)

*I don't need to explain these last two pictures, they speak for themselves!

What do you think? Pretty great guy, huh? Married up? I don't know. Blessed by God beyond all hopes and wishes a girl could have when dreaming of a man to have and hold from this day forward? Absolutely.

Comments

  1. I do love those necklaces and it took me awhile to read the "I Love You"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been impressed with how thoughtful Brian is - and you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you