A dose of humility

I used to be a good mom.
The world's greatest mom, in fact.
I knew how to deal with:
fighting
biting
whining
tantrums
disrespect
screaming
back-talk
disobedience

Then I became a mom.
And I discovered there wasn't an easy answer for any of those things.
I had a biter and had to deal with the look on other parents' faces when my child bit their's in the nursery.
I have a screamer and I can't always make him stop (just ask the other shoppers at Target).
My boys fight. With each other and with other kids.
They disobey constantly frequently.
Don't even get me started on whining.

I love my children and I discipline them as consistently as I'm able (with the help of my amazing husband). I hug them frequently and tell them that I love them and I'm proud of them.
 I pray daily (sometimes hourly!)  for wisdom in raising them.

But they are still naughty.

And I no longer claim to be the world's greatest mom.

I now know when I see another mother freak out on her child simply because he touched something at the store that there is a long story behind it. She's not a bad mom. She's just dealt with it all day long and that was the last straw.
 (And when you see me freak out at church or in a store, you can just pretend you don't know me.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you