I spent $28...

...and saved $18 at Target today! I bought 2 bottles of Tide, diapers, wipes, shampoo and spaghetti sauce and I had at least one coupon for each item. I love coupons and have a hard time paying full price for anything. It's amazing how much you can save with a little work!

I did have to develop a system- I have a massive coupon organizer and I have the Sunday paper delivered each week. 2 of them, in fact. I used to subscribe to http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ and that was tremendously helpful. I have the advantage of living in a bigger city where this tool was effective. It would be less useful in rural areas.

 For now this is one of my jobs, saving money on things we'd buy anyway. And it's not just on groceries and living supplies, I watch for coupons for restaurants, entertainment, services, you name it! (I even splurged on a dress for our anniversary and saved $30- more on that later.)

 What money-saving methods do you have?
 Please share!

Comments

  1. Hi! My sis-in-law, Wendy sent me the link to your blog =) I actually have a notebook that I use for menu planning and grocery shopping, but I don't always use it. And I'm horrible at coupons. I will usually just shop the sales and try to cook accordingly =) I save money by making my own laundry detergent though =) LOVE that. I use the powdered Dugger Family recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great ideas, Elisa! And for reading my blog. :) I'm going to try making the laundry detergent- I've been meaning to try it but just haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you