Sometimes things don't turn out like you expect
For months now I've been planning for an inevitable purchase.
Bri has revived our washing machine half a dozen times.
Thanks to his ability to fixjust about anything, we've been able to get by with the washer we have.
Last week we discovered a "dead spot" in the motor.
It caused the lights to flicker and then eventually tripped the breaker.
Seemed to me the time had come for a new one!
I had been researching the features I wanted and the brand.
We have Kenmore appliances and have really liked them.
Our dying washing maching was ten years old so I felt it had served us well.
So, on my vacation day with my dear friend, Ang, we checked out the options at Sears.
I found THE ONE pretty quickly.
Top load, high efficiency, a soak and 2nd rinse option, 4.3 cubic feet, 30% off...
Saturday we went and picked it up and I was excited a kid at Christmas!
We got it paid for, loaded up, unloaded and hooked up without a hitch.
This baby can wash 30 XL t-shirts in one load.
Seriously, what mom wouldn't die for a machine like that?!
I quickly got a load in the washing machine, listened to it "sense" the load, and wash wash wash.
45 minutes later, clean clothes!
Another load, more clean clothes.
You get the picture.
Last night I threw in my cloth diapers to wash before getting in bed.
I was so psyched to see just how great my washing machine would do on those bad boys.
I put it on the hot/white cycle and turned in for the night.
This morning I expectantly opened my washing machine to put the dipes in the dryer and...
they were still wet.
The machine hadn't spun them and the digital read-out said it was stuck on that mode.
Manual opened, troubleshooting done and still I had wet dipes and a machine that wouldn't spin.
Major disappointment.
THIS was my NEW washing machine.
And it was working worse than my OLD machine.
Ugh...
Bri took a look, said we better call Sears.
4 people and 1 hour later I was no closer to getting my machine fixed.
*note to self, don't buy a major appliance on a holiday weekend, not enough people to man the helpdesk*
Frustration, tears and a bit of snippiness surfaced over and over.
Finally, I called Mark.
Mark sold me my new Kenmore.
He was excellent and had helped as much as he could before I made the other phone calls.
I told Mark that I didn't buy a new machine just to have it quit working the next day.
"Mark, I would like to return this bum machine and get a new one."
"Ok, I understand, just have to order one."
(now THAT'S good service)
New machine on order, a repair man coming out anyway to see what's up with this machine and in about a week, I'll be back in business again.
Me and my new NEW washing machine.
Bri has revived our washing machine half a dozen times.
Thanks to his ability to fix
Last week we discovered a "dead spot" in the motor.
It caused the lights to flicker and then eventually tripped the breaker.
Seemed to me the time had come for a new one!
I had been researching the features I wanted and the brand.
We have Kenmore appliances and have really liked them.
Our dying washing maching was ten years old so I felt it had served us well.
So, on my vacation day with my dear friend, Ang, we checked out the options at Sears.
I found THE ONE pretty quickly.
Top load, high efficiency, a soak and 2nd rinse option, 4.3 cubic feet, 30% off...
Saturday we went and picked it up and I was excited a kid at Christmas!
We got it paid for, loaded up, unloaded and hooked up without a hitch.
This baby can wash 30 XL t-shirts in one load.
Seriously, what mom wouldn't die for a machine like that?!
I quickly got a load in the washing machine, listened to it "sense" the load, and wash wash wash.
45 minutes later, clean clothes!
Another load, more clean clothes.
You get the picture.
Last night I threw in my cloth diapers to wash before getting in bed.
I was so psyched to see just how great my washing machine would do on those bad boys.
I put it on the hot/white cycle and turned in for the night.
This morning I expectantly opened my washing machine to put the dipes in the dryer and...
they were still wet.
The machine hadn't spun them and the digital read-out said it was stuck on that mode.
Manual opened, troubleshooting done and still I had wet dipes and a machine that wouldn't spin.
Major disappointment.
THIS was my NEW washing machine.
And it was working worse than my OLD machine.
Ugh...
Bri took a look, said we better call Sears.
4 people and 1 hour later I was no closer to getting my machine fixed.
*note to self, don't buy a major appliance on a holiday weekend, not enough people to man the helpdesk*
Frustration, tears and a bit of snippiness surfaced over and over.
Finally, I called Mark.
Mark sold me my new Kenmore.
He was excellent and had helped as much as he could before I made the other phone calls.
I told Mark that I didn't buy a new machine just to have it quit working the next day.
"Mark, I would like to return this bum machine and get a new one."
"Ok, I understand, just have to order one."
(now THAT'S good service)
New machine on order, a repair man coming out anyway to see what's up with this machine and in about a week, I'll be back in business again.
Me and my new NEW washing machine.


Comments
Post a Comment