Mealtime Maddness
I know I'm not alone when I say that meal-time is not my favorite.
It's a challenge that I can't seem to overcome.
BigBoy #1 is a good eater and can be bribed to take a bite or two if it comes to that.
BigBoy #2....he is as stubborn as mule.
And apparently he knows just by looking at something that he doesn't like it.
Funny, he never knows just by looking that he DOES like it unless it's something sweet.
I know, I know, he comes by that honestly.
However, we are trying to decide how much to fight.
It's hard to remember how much we pushed Sam at the age of 3.
Fruit goes over great, veggies- not so much.
Today I made Taco Salad and it's really quite yummy.
It's made with Doritos and Catalina dressing, how can you go wrong?
I guess we went wrong with the lettuce, at least in my little boy's eyes.
He saw it, determined he would not touch the lettuce and copped an attitude.
We decided he could go to his room, then, until he was hungry enough to eat the meal we prepared.
(Meanwhile Sam ate THREE bowls!!)
Bri brought him down to his room, told him to come up when he was ready to eat and behave...
...he fell asleep.
So now I'm not sure if it's an effective method or not.
It sure was a peaceful meal, though...
It's a challenge that I can't seem to overcome.
BigBoy #1 is a good eater and can be bribed to take a bite or two if it comes to that.
BigBoy #2....he is as stubborn as mule.
And apparently he knows just by looking at something that he doesn't like it.
Funny, he never knows just by looking that he DOES like it unless it's something sweet.
I know, I know, he comes by that honestly.
However, we are trying to decide how much to fight.
It's hard to remember how much we pushed Sam at the age of 3.
Fruit goes over great, veggies- not so much.
Today I made Taco Salad and it's really quite yummy.
It's made with Doritos and Catalina dressing, how can you go wrong?
I guess we went wrong with the lettuce, at least in my little boy's eyes.
He saw it, determined he would not touch the lettuce and copped an attitude.
We decided he could go to his room, then, until he was hungry enough to eat the meal we prepared.
(Meanwhile Sam ate THREE bowls!!)
Bri brought him down to his room, told him to come up when he was ready to eat and behave...
...he fell asleep.
So now I'm not sure if it's an effective method or not.
It sure was a peaceful meal, though...
We have done the same thing with our youngest. Thanks for the good reads!
ReplyDelete