Belly-flopping transition

BabyGirl is changing her sleeping pattern.
More specifically, her sleeping position.
She has taken to sleeping on her tummy but there's a little glitch.
Once there, she's not sure that she wants to go right to sleep.
This results in a very wet, drooly sheet where she eventually lays her head to rest.
We've had a few rough nights as she's adapting, too.
She doesn't know how to flip back over onto her back but flips right back to belly if I offer a helping hand.
I find myself monitor-watching...




I must confess, I'd rather be sleeping.
In attempt to discourage this behavior I have swaddled her tightly and snugged another blanket around her.
As quickly as Houdini she has her arms out and she's flopped to her belly.
So for now we'll just embrace the change and appreciate the value of video monitors!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you