The Trouble with Lazy

Most of us wouldn't claim to be lazy.
We work hard.
Have busy lives.
DayPlanners filled with proof of the chaotic pace of our lifestyles.

The trouble with lazy is this:
It can be masked by busyness.

I've noticed lately a few areas where I'm taking the busy way out.
The kids want to play a game... I'm too busy lazy.
My husband wants a few minutes of uninterrupted time... I'm too busy lazy.
There is extra stuff in every room that we don't need... I'm too busy lazy to sort it and get it to Goodwill.

It's easier to have stuff to do than do the things you don't want to do.
It's hard to put my "to do" list on the back burner.
My things are just too important.
And I'm too lazy to make the effort sometimes.


So I'm trying to be less busy lazy.
I'm sitting with my kids more.
"Working" on the computer less.
I'm taking those few minutes in the morning to love on my husband.
And that stuff in the basement...I hope to will get that out of the house...soon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you