Twenty Eleven

I can hardly believe how quickly we zipped through 2010.
It was a wonderful, joy-filled year.
We were blessed with a beautiful baby girl, the continued health and growth of our boys and we marked the tenth year of our marriage!

Claire sporting new clothes from her first Christmas.

We ushered in 2011 in true "parents of small children" style.
Mindful of the night-time wakings and early risers, we welcomed the new year in a cozy slumber.
With fresh sheets for the occassion...

I'm not big on New Year's resolutions.
I hate to commit to something I know I won't follow through on.
So, losing ten pounds and working out every day don't usually make the list.
At this point I love Twix too much and take every extra second of sleep I can get in lieu of exercise.
One day I might will get back into it...

Instead, my goal is organization.
It seems life has dumped loads of paperwork, clothes, toys, STUFF into our home and I can't seem to find a place for it.
We are transitioning out of some baby stuff (bassinetes, bouncy chairs, play mats) but I haven't yet found a new home for them.
The boys are growing in and out of clothes faster than I can keep up with.
Christmas brought many delightful toy additions but now our shelves are filled to overflowing.

Bri and the boys built me an AWESOME shelf yesterday and I'm so excited to get the storeroom organized.
I have a few bins filled for Goodwill and some books to donate to church.
That should help clear out that room.

Daddy and Caleb drilling pilot holes.

Sam holding up the board, Caleb getting a screw and Daddy drilling!

An hour later, the finished product!

I'm tossing jeans with holes in the knees.

I threw out Bri's socks and undies and bought matching replacements.
No more guessing which sock matches which!

I bought more storage bins for toys and will be putting toys into their appropriate bins.

The closets have been thinned a bit but could use some more work.

The old Gladware containers are being recycled and replaced with new (maybe I should do glass instead of plastic?).

And the list goes on and on...

I'm looking forward to all that God has in store for us in this New Year.

I wish you a blessed year full of the things that bring you joy and growth!

Happy New Year!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you