It's one of those days.
It's one of those days where I'm wondering what my kids did to deserve me.
Not a good kind of deserving.
The "I'm going to freak out on you if you so much as think about saying *enter naughty word here* again" kind of deserving.
My attitude towards them is poor and I know it.
I'm wondering if by putting it in writing I will realize the pettyness of it all.
1 full cup of water spilled.
1 full cup of chocolate milk spilled.
Disobedience.
No naps for big kids.
Little naps for BabyGirl.
Not listening.
Constantly asking for food.
Hot sauce for naughty words.
Disobedience.
I said disobedience twice and that's not a typo.
It's a very disobedient day around here today.
This too shall pass.
One day I will miss this.
I know I will.
But today...
God needs to give me an attitude adjustment since it is blaringly apparent today that I can only change mine.
All the time I've spent trying toforce encourage a change in my children's attitudes has been a waste of yelling breath.
Lord, give me the strength to be the mother you intended for these children you blessed me with. May I give them the grace you extend to me every day...
Not a good kind of deserving.
The "I'm going to freak out on you if you so much as think about saying *enter naughty word here* again" kind of deserving.
My attitude towards them is poor and I know it.
I'm wondering if by putting it in writing I will realize the pettyness of it all.
1 full cup of water spilled.
1 full cup of chocolate milk spilled.
Disobedience.
No naps for big kids.
Little naps for BabyGirl.
Not listening.
Constantly asking for food.
Hot sauce for naughty words.
Disobedience.
I said disobedience twice and that's not a typo.
It's a very disobedient day around here today.
This too shall pass.
One day I will miss this.
I know I will.
But today...
God needs to give me an attitude adjustment since it is blaringly apparent today that I can only change mine.
All the time I've spent trying to
Lord, give me the strength to be the mother you intended for these children you blessed me with. May I give them the grace you extend to me every day...
Ugh. I hate those days, when you feel so frustrated (so far I mostly know them from work, but I'm sure that I'll experience them with motherhood as James grows up). There's a blogger I read who has a quote (from herself) on her blog header, "I acknowledge my luckiness, without giving up my claim to the suckiness." (Swistle.blogspot.com)
ReplyDelete