What Rhymes With Ditch?

It was a rare morning at our house.
The boys played well together!
It took a little reminding ("tell your brother you don't like to play that game, not me. Work it out, don't tattle!") but after a bit they were playing army with little green soldiers...for a couple hours!

I had an eye appointment and when I returned Bri told me the boys had developed nicknames for each other.
How cute?!
He continued with the details:
Apparently one of them had a truck that kept falling into a pretend ditch.
They decided that BigBoy #1 should just be called "Ditch", then.
Naturally, BigBoy #2 should have a name that rhymes.
They chose the word that rhymes with Ditch and starts with B.

Really?
Not Mitch, stitch, witch, rich, pitch, hitch?
I laughed so hard at the result of their innocent game that my eyes started to water.
And just because I wanted to hear about this little bit of "fun" first hand I asked the boys about their nicknames.
Sure enough, BigBoy #1 was Ditch and BigBoy #2 was proudly Ditch with a B.
With tears streaming down my face I went into the living room to regain my composure.
Bri did a pretty good job keeping a straight face.
We decided that they could have some totally cooler nicknames than Ditch with a D or B.
In the end, Big Boy #2 decided on FireBomb.
I think that will keep me out of trouble with their teachers and anyone else who asks if he has a nickname.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you