Feeling fussy?

I've written several blogposts on being overwhelmed.
Feeling like I don't have enough time, sleep, order, solitude.
Just before I hit "publish" I hit "save" instead.

What right do I have to complain?

The fact is, God has blessed me hugely.
My complaints are about lack of time, sleep, order, solitude.
Not about a dying family member.
A terminal illness.
A child with special needs.
A sick baby.
An unfaithful husband.
Lack of friends.

How do you reconcile what you're feeling with the pain of the world around you?
Is it ok to feel maxed out even though, relatively speaking, life has been easy?

God has allowed us each to carry a different load.
Our burdens look different, we handle the weight of them differently.
While one mom would give anything to have her sick baby just cry, another may be so tired from her fussy healthy baby that she's at breaking point.
The little things of life can chip away at us.
The ebbing and flowing of life can be wearing.
I need to keep remembering to return to the foot of the Cross.
Where Christ took my burden and freed me of it.
The choice is mine, I can carry it or hand it off.

I need to choose daily to allow the weight of each moment hang on the shoulders of my Savior.

Comments

  1. I have been thinking these same things lately...So true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, SO good!
    Thank you for all of the blog comment love lately. Your words are such a comfort and I treasure our friendship.
    Thank you for the LoCurto link. That is an awesome blog and spoke some big words to me.
    Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you