A SUPER Super Target
I'm not big on bringing all three kids shopping.
It's a pain in the butt.
They touch everything, hang on the cart, throw things in we don't need, have to poop when we're farthest away from the bathroom...
Today it needed to happen.
We were out of milk and eggs (and still are, by the way...I'm so forgetful sometimes!).
A new Super Target opened in Woodbury and I was so excited to check it out!I was a little nervous it would be packed, it just opened about a week ago.
It wasn't too busy and I was happy.
The kids were rowdy but the aisles were big with few people so I let them run.
And run.
And run.
Back to running.
I really don't know where all this energy comes from!
Finally I had had enough of the running (and the stares that came along with me allowing my children to be so rambunctious) and I told the boys to stop.
They didn't.
I grabbed BigBoy #2, told him to obey or he'd go right to bed when we got home.
He didn't.
I sprinted for the checkout so we could desist with the scene that was being created.
Behind me I hear a loud splat followed by a wail.
BigBoy #2 had tripped on his feet, or BigBoy #1's.
Not sure which but it didn't matter.
His caught himself with his forehead.
Without much sympathy for the natural consequence that it was, I continued to unload my cart.
A man in red and khaki named Michael showed up with a bag of ice for BigBoy #2's goose-egg.
The teller in the next aisle handed the boys stickers in an attempt to distract.My teller sped through my cartful of items talking about how her children did the same things when they were that age.
How great is that?!
No evil eye, no condescending attitude.
I was so impressed and thanked them profusely for their kindness.
And while I'd probably go back anyways (because I'm kinda big on Target), I'm for sure going back to that one.
Way to go, Woodbury Super Target employees, you made this mama's day easier!


Comments
Post a Comment