5 years ago today...

Our lives changed.
"We" went from two to three.
A lifelong dream was fulfilled.
9 months of misery was finally over.
Deer hunting opener was missed.
And every cliche I'd ever heard about children rang true.


You haven't known love until you've known the love a parent has for their child.
It's like an extension of you, outside your body. You hurt when they hurt, you laugh when they laugh...
You're going to miss this.
This, too, shall pass.

5 years of growing...

5 years of unparalleled
joy
love
challenge
humility
excitement
learning
adapting
frustration
achievement
happiness
wonder
(oh, did I mention LOVE?!)

Happy 5th birthday, Sammy Boy.
We are so blessed that God gave us you.


*In the usual nature of my day, I yelled at Sam all the way through this accolade for him (to GO TO SLEEP). Isn't parenting something??


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you