You Yell at Yours, I'll Yell at Mine
I am the first to admit that my children are...naughty challenging at times.
Somehow they know how to say and do hurtful things even though I didn't teach them.
They also know how to yell.
I may have taught them that.
Playdates used to be a TREMENDOUS challenge in the early years of BigBoy #1 because he was all brute and no brain.
The child was rough.
No two ways about it.
Gentle was just a word Mom yelled that meant absolutely nothing to him.
Times have changed and my kids are a little smarter.
They at least know when they are being naughty.
I've gotten smarter, too.
And I usually know when they are being naughty.
The things is, I'm happy to reign my children in and redirect their behaviors.
Heck, I'll even get after them for something that's not entirely their fault if it will benefit the entire situation.
Here's the catch:
You have to yell at your kids, too. :)
There's nothing worse than being the only one getting after your children and nobody else is doing it.
Then I just feel like my kids are getting the short end of the stick and nobody wins.
You can yell at my kids, too.
As long as I can yell at yours.
Now remember, I'll "yell" at them in a nicer voice than I will yell at my own.
I do think there are benefits to other people helping with discipline in the right situation.
There are times when my hands are absolutely full and I have another child that needs to be stopped.
If you're free, you're welcome to join my plight!
It teaches children that they need to be responsible for their actions to all adults.
That others are worth listening to.
That others care about them enough to require appropriate behavior of them.
And that I'm not the only one who yells.
Anybody up for a playdate soon?? *wink wink*
Somehow they know how to say and do hurtful things even though I didn't teach them.
They also know how to yell.
I may have taught them that.
Playdates used to be a TREMENDOUS challenge in the early years of BigBoy #1 because he was all brute and no brain.
The child was rough.
No two ways about it.
Gentle was just a word Mom yelled that meant absolutely nothing to him.
Times have changed and my kids are a little smarter.
They at least know when they are being naughty.
I've gotten smarter, too.
And I usually know when they are being naughty.
The things is, I'm happy to reign my children in and redirect their behaviors.
Heck, I'll even get after them for something that's not entirely their fault if it will benefit the entire situation.
Here's the catch:
You have to yell at your kids, too. :)
There's nothing worse than being the only one getting after your children and nobody else is doing it.
Then I just feel like my kids are getting the short end of the stick and nobody wins.
You can yell at my kids, too.
As long as I can yell at yours.
Now remember, I'll "yell" at them in a nicer voice than I will yell at my own.
I do think there are benefits to other people helping with discipline in the right situation.
There are times when my hands are absolutely full and I have another child that needs to be stopped.
If you're free, you're welcome to join my plight!
It teaches children that they need to be responsible for their actions to all adults.
That others are worth listening to.
That others care about them enough to require appropriate behavior of them.
And that I'm not the only one who yells.
Anybody up for a playdate soon?? *wink wink*
Comments
Post a Comment