Not a Hot Mama?

I need some new clothes.
This Dave Ramsey thing has kept me out of the mall for two years now and I'm ready to get back in.
Most of my clothes are either 5 years old or second-hand.
Second-hand is GREAT but it's hard to find that perfect summer dress in my size, the exact color and right length at a consignment shop.

Isn't this cute??

I had a few extra kid-free minutes the other day so I ran to a boutiquey store at the Rosedale Mall.
I won't name names because I wasn't impressed but you may get a clue from the title of this post.
I'd heard wonderful things about this little store and while I knew it was high-end, I also know that a few of my favorite clothing pieces were ones I had splurged on.
There's something about the fit and feel about the perfect clothing item.
Sometimes it's worth spending a little extra.
And I had a little extra in the budget that day.

I walked in looking pretty decent, I think.
My hair may not have been perfect and my purse didn't match but my outfit was cute enough.
I started browsing, found a few adorable little pieces and got ready to try stuff on.
There were two employees at the counter speaking to the only other customer in the store.
I stood a few feet away with an armful of clothes and pretended to look at a rack close by so it wouldn't look too obvious that I was waiting.
After a few minutes there were no indicators from the employees that I was there so I went to the fitting room and let myself in.
A few things fit decently but I could've used a different size and I was running out of time.
Nobody asked I was finding what I needed or if I needed a new size.
My time was running short so I hung everything up and looked quickly for the appropriate size.
Still no acknowledgement.
However, when I was changing a new customer came in to the store.
I heard them speaking to her immediately and  very attentively helping her find what she was looking for.
I guess next time I'll try wearing white linen pants, a large diamond ring and a high-end bag.

Or maybe there won't be a next time...

Have you ever had an experience like that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you