You've got me pegged

Almost.

Well, not really...

As I was browsing through my emails today I happened to check out the subjects on some spam.
Interesting, isn't it, what people think they can sell you?
I'm a little annoyed that I need to have a separate email for people I actually want to hear from (due to the excessive spamsters out there) but such is life.
So I have my spam account and my friend account.
I must admit, the spam account is far more entertaining.
Check out the subject-lines of a few emails in my inbox:

  • Find out how Justin Bieber gets clear skin {Bieber-Fever anyone?}
  • Cook, Boil and Strain with Ease!
  • Cats Love this Scratching Board. {Not so big on cats...}
  • Develop your passion for cooking {If they promised cooking would be easier I'd bite on this one!}
  • Get your Snuggie Varsity today! {Already got it}
  • Someone wants to buy your timeshare {Umm, don't have one}
  • Are your Children Christian? You need to see this. {Hmmm}
  • Wake up and Live!
  • Find attractive singles over 50 near you.
Do you find it amazing how much "stuff" is coming at you all the time?
Ads for this or that on Facebook.
Billboards everywhere.
Now ads on your Kindle if you want to pay less and get the sponsored version.

Stuff.
Everyone, everywhere, telling you you need stuff.
I'm kinda tired of just-gotta-have-it stuff.

(And BTW, if you really want to get my attention you'll put something like "Sleep 6 hours and feel like you've had 10!" in the subject.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you