Picky Pickerson
It is little wonder my kids are picky eaters.
Their mama is, too.
I'm particularly finicky about textures.
Onions, rhubarb, celery make me ((shudder)).
I hate foods that have a crunch and stringy feel in my mouth.
Other things just don't look good to me.
Brussels sprouts...just can't do it.
And I could go without foods that feel like pudding/custard but aren't pudding or custard.
Today we had a brunch at Bible study and I was S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G.
The day started with an early kindergarten orientation (7:45am!) so I was out the door with BigBoy #1 without breakfast.
Ran from there, home to get Claire, then to church.
The main course was quiche.
Quiche is a little hit or miss for me.
It's kinda fluffy and usually has stuff in it that I don't like.
However, I was hoping (and praying if I may be honest) for a good'un.
I was thinking cheddar cheese and bacon...mmm.
Turns out we had one that looked a little, um, custardy.
To make matters worse, it had something green in it (I'm trying to like green but...).
I was beyond hungry so I took the piece I was served and took a bite.
Lucky for that quiche, it contained bacon and DID NOT contain onions.
It was pretty good but still felt a bit like eating egg custard or meringue.
This really long story has this moral- I'm getting better at trying new things and having an open mind.
Years ago I wouldn't have even taken a bite.
I would've found another quiche or filled up on muffins gone hungry.
I just recently ate asparagus, something on both the "too stringy and too green" list.
There may be some hope for me after all!
(But I will NEVER drink coffee, sorry FIL).
What foods drive you crazy?
Do you like or hate certain textures, flavors, whole food groups?
What has worked for you when teaching your children to eat or at least trygross green stuff vegetables?
Their mama is, too.
I'm particularly finicky about textures.
Onions, rhubarb, celery make me ((shudder)).
I hate foods that have a crunch and stringy feel in my mouth.
Other things just don't look good to me.
Brussels sprouts...just can't do it.
And I could go without foods that feel like pudding/custard but aren't pudding or custard.
Today we had a brunch at Bible study and I was S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G.
The day started with an early kindergarten orientation (7:45am!) so I was out the door with BigBoy #1 without breakfast.
Ran from there, home to get Claire, then to church.
The main course was quiche.
Quiche is a little hit or miss for me.
It's kinda fluffy and usually has stuff in it that I don't like.
However, I was hoping (and praying if I may be honest) for a good'un.
I was thinking cheddar cheese and bacon...mmm.
Turns out we had one that looked a little, um, custardy.To make matters worse, it had something green in it (I'm trying to like green but...).
I was beyond hungry so I took the piece I was served and took a bite.
Lucky for that quiche, it contained bacon and DID NOT contain onions.
It was pretty good but still felt a bit like eating egg custard or meringue.
This really long story has this moral- I'm getting better at trying new things and having an open mind.
Years ago I wouldn't have even taken a bite.
I would've found another quiche or
I just recently ate asparagus, something on both the "too stringy and too green" list.There may be some hope for me after all!
(But I will NEVER drink coffee, sorry FIL).
What foods drive you crazy?
Do you like or hate certain textures, flavors, whole food groups?
What has worked for you when teaching your children to eat or at least try
Comments
Post a Comment