My Minivan, my Sanctuary
As my recent grumblings indicate, I'm a little low on sleep and patience.
Whatmom parent isn't?
Our challenges may be unique, but the cumulative result of exhaustion and shortness that we all experience when raising children gives us a common understanding.
SteroidBoy (BigBoy #2) was up for a couple hours during the night.
Happy but a bit too hopped up to sleep.
I was wishing I was hopped up, too, as long as I was up.
By the time morning came my husband knew my need and jumped out of bed before I could fuss my way out.
Delighted, I sleepily burrowed in and snoozed another couple hours.
I woke refreshed but still ready to get out of the house...alone.
Since we're always in need of some sort of food, I volunteered to get groceries.
Iran headed out to the van, sat in the quiet and delighted in having my own space.
Deep breath.
Eyes closed.
Prayer on my lips.
Lord, bless this time.
Renew my spirit...
Cranking Third Day, I pulled out of the driveway, on my way to pick up a key ingredient for our Super Bowl salsa.
By the time I reached Kowalski's I had the music up too loud, the window cracked and I was crooning like a song bird.
My heart was in need of this time of worship and I felt the exhaustion melt away as I sang to my Savior.
While I had skipped church (don't tell my Mom), I now found myself at the feet of my Lord, where I needed to be.
And He didn't care that I was still in the clothes I had slept inand worn the day before.
There I was, in my dirty little minivan turned Sanctuary of the Lord.
What
Our challenges may be unique, but the cumulative result of exhaustion and shortness that we all experience when raising children gives us a common understanding.
SteroidBoy (BigBoy #2) was up for a couple hours during the night.
Happy but a bit too hopped up to sleep.
I was wishing I was hopped up, too, as long as I was up.
By the time morning came my husband knew my need and jumped out of bed before I could fuss my way out.
Delighted, I sleepily burrowed in and snoozed another couple hours.
I woke refreshed but still ready to get out of the house...alone.
Since we're always in need of some sort of food, I volunteered to get groceries.
I
Deep breath.
Eyes closed.
Prayer on my lips.
Lord, bless this time.
Renew my spirit...
Cranking Third Day, I pulled out of the driveway, on my way to pick up a key ingredient for our Super Bowl salsa.
By the time I reached Kowalski's I had the music up too loud, the window cracked and I was crooning like a song bird.
My heart was in need of this time of worship and I felt the exhaustion melt away as I sang to my Savior.
While I had skipped church (don't tell my Mom), I now found myself at the feet of my Lord, where I needed to be.
And He didn't care that I was still in the clothes I had slept in
There I was, in my dirty little minivan turned Sanctuary of the Lord.
Oh...I feel this article so many times! I love 3rd Day too!
ReplyDelete