Childproof You Say?

A friend's Facebook status caused me to have some flashbacks today.
Her little guy got into the children's ibuprofen bottle.
The Childproof ibuprofen bottle.
I think he was just dipping his fingers in when she caught him.
I wasn't that lucky.

BigBoy #1 is my ibuprofen guzzler and childproof-cover locksmith.
On TWO separate occasions he downed half the bottle.
Yep, twice.
Great parenting, I know.
The first time I was in a panic.
I was certain he was going to end up with a GI bleed, need his stomach pumped, etc.

Poison Control calmed me down.
Turns out for his weight (he was a large 2 year old) he could've drank 3/4 of the bottle before it would've been a problem.
Give him something to eat to absorb some of the med and watch for puking was the advice given.
And, of course, keep the meds out of reach.

Great advice and I followed it.
Until the next time it happened...
We were remodeling the kitchen and nothing was where it belonged.
6 a.m. one morning I hear a little voice saying,
Mmm, that's good.
BigBoy #1 was in the hallway with an empty bottle of children's ibu.

Really?
Again?
I knew the bottle wasn't even half full to start.
I had learned after my first go round that I would only keep half full bottles around.
But still, I felt like a terrible parent.
I elected to fore go the call to Poison Control since I knew what they were going to say.
And quite frankly, I just couldn't risk another perfect stranger think that I was a bad mom.

Never say never,
those little buggers are clever!





Comments

  1. I'ld say Big Boy #1 has some of his fathers genes at figuring out how things work! :) You're a great mom with very intelligent children! Karena D. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, KD! You're such an encourager and I appreciate it!:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you