It's going to be a wild weekend!
It has been years since this has happened.
It's as rare as a lunar eclipse.
And I'm so excited!
My WHOLE family is coming down this weekend!
Well, almost whole.
My nephew, Bry, won't be here but the rest of the clan will.
I actually don't know the last time the entire Melby crew graced the Cities.
It's been many years since my older sister has been down.
And her husband has NEVER been here (to "da Cities")!
I feel a bit compelled to impress since Danny's a newbie but after all these years, I still don't know what would constitute a great time down here.
Oh, did I mention that there will also be 8 kids under 7 years old?
So a good time is going to be a bit relative. :)
We've made a few plans, though, and I think it's going to be a blast.
Sledding, skiing (for my brothers), Children's Museum (for us parents and kids), Aquarium at MOA (for all of us!).
Then there's the "non-events" which happen to be my favorite:
Meals together
Watching the cousinsfight play
Late night games of cards
Sitting on the kitchen floor, chatting
Eating Mom's famous fudge and chocolate pudding
I'm not sure how much we can cram into 48 hours but we'll do our darndest to fill them up.
I promise to post pictures when all is said and done!
It's as rare as a lunar eclipse.
And I'm so excited!
My WHOLE family is coming down this weekend!
Well, almost whole.
My nephew, Bry, won't be here but the rest of the clan will.
I actually don't know the last time the entire Melby crew graced the Cities.
It's been many years since my older sister has been down.
And her husband has NEVER been here (to "da Cities")!
I feel a bit compelled to impress since Danny's a newbie but after all these years, I still don't know what would constitute a great time down here.
Oh, did I mention that there will also be 8 kids under 7 years old?
So a good time is going to be a bit relative. :)
We've made a few plans, though, and I think it's going to be a blast.
Sledding, skiing (for my brothers), Children's Museum (for us parents and kids), Aquarium at MOA (for all of us!).
Then there's the "non-events" which happen to be my favorite:
Meals together
Watching the cousins
Late night games of cards
Sitting on the kitchen floor, chatting
Eating Mom's famous fudge and chocolate pudding
I'm not sure how much we can cram into 48 hours but we'll do our darndest to fill them up.
I promise to post pictures when all is said and done!
Wow! Have a blast, can't wait to hear about it all.
ReplyDelete