How nice is that?

This past weekend we made the Roseau-like trek to Clinton, Iowa.
I say "Roseau-like" because the first 3 hours were pretty fast with freeways and what-not.
The last 3 hours were more like 4-5 hours of little country roads, few towns and even fewer people.
It was a bit more beautiful, though.
Hilly, the Mississippi, bluffs...

The whole area was gorgeous and the trip was a blast (we were kidless, after all!).
However, it didn't take long to notice we weren't up north anymore.
There was a distinct lack of nice.
Not that people were mean.
They just weren't...nice.

Most did not go out of their way to make things easier.
There was a little handicapped couple aboard our shuttle as we were heading to the graduation ceremony that were definitely handicapped.
Without our help, I'm not really sure where they would've ended up!
As it was they sat on a wall of the outdoor stadium because they had no way to get down into the stadium (and there was no feasible way to carry them).

Not to toot our own horn but, well, we are nice.
And I think you are nice, too.
I hope we don't every forget how to offer of ourselves for the good of others.
It would seem that nice begets nice.

Way to go, Minnesconsinites!
...or is it Wisconesotans?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you