Audience of One: Finding Balance in our Behaviors
Writing is a way for me to gather my thoughts.
I'm actually incredibly inarticulate when in conversation with others...even simple words escape me and leave people guessing what I mean.
I blame most of this on that fact that for over 6 years I haven't been able to complete a thought or sentence due to some little person or persons interrupting me.
I also accuse pregnancy of killing off vital brain cells (previous pregnancies as I am NOT, repeat NOT, pregnant).
And occassionally I claim lack of sleep for my lack of intelligence.
When I started blogging a couple years ago (I can't believe it's been that long!) I found it an effective way for me to work through things.
I may not always have something worth reading but that's when you get to enjoy the beauty of the internet, click on the x to close out the window and stop me mid-sentence. :)
The last few months I have been working through yet more feelings of inadequacy and have been reminded in my spirit that I have only an audience of One to look to for self worth.
I did not coin the term audience of One but would like to use it for a "series" (loosely labeled) of thoughts on several issues we face in our culture.
Things like feeling inferior because of social media i.e. Facebook or undermotivated due to the Extreme Everything that we see today.
No longer can you just clip a few coupons and be proud you're saving money for your family, now you have to clip millions of coupons and have the grocery store owe you money to call it a successful trip.
Anybody else feel a little inadequate in the face of all this?
Any insight I have has come from talking to many friends and relatives, having wisdom breathed into me by those who have been blessed with clarity, and by convictions I have had as I've turned my thoughts and feelings over to God.
As we work through this together I'd love to know what other things you're struggling with in trying to balance your behaviors in the eyes of our Father.
Please do share!
In the next few days I'll finish up my post Facebook Inferior and see if I'm the only one who is so greatly impacted by the highlights of the lives of others. :)

Comments
Post a Comment