2012, in with a bang...and a lot of coughing

Whew, 2012 came crashing in with the sickies for our family!
Christmas was spent mostly at home with a feverish, coughing BigBoy #2 and a resulting diagnosis of pneumonia.
A full course of antibiotics later (and steroids) his pneumonia was worse.
2 injections and a different oral antibiotic later we have our loud, smiley boy back!
On the heels of that comes BigBoy #1 who seldom gets sick and even more seldom does he get horribly sick.
Pneumonia settled in his lungs as well and we spent New Years Day in Urgent Care getting Xrays and antibiotics.
Disgusting antibiotics, too, unfortunately.
And so we fight twice a day to get the meds down and keep them down.
Finally we have a little system that sort of works and only takes 15 minutes.
Chocolate syrup before and after the medicine helps coat the taste buds so the meds don't taste quite as nasty.

Anyways...

2011 was a good year for us.
Bri got an extra week of vacation (for a total of 3 weeks FINALLY!!!!)
BabyGirl turned 1
BigBoy #1 started kindergarten
BigBoy #2 has two-wheeled bicycling down to a fine art
I got to really ice fish for the first time and totally enjoyed it!

We feel blessed to live in a free country, have good jobs with excellent benefits, worship at a church we love, be surrounded by loving family and friends and watch our children learn and grow and love.
While often my complaints are many, it's only because my blessings are so numerous.
Sometimes my blessings (aka kids) are my complaints but not because I take for granted the gift that they are.
Everyone knows what it's like to get overwhelmed by wonderful things...too much is too much at times! :)
But a nap and an hour or two with a friend later and I'm right back praising God for the 3 amazing lives He placed in our care.
Oh how fun it is to watch them become little people!

Now I'm just rambling so off I go...

I pray your 2012 be filled with tremendous mercies and amazing love, always pointing to the Author of both.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you