A mish-mash of thoughts

2012 is going full-steam ahead!
It's amazing how quickly the days are zipping by and here we are in the middle of the month already.
The beginning of the year was riddled with sickness but we are grateful to report health...finally!
BigBoy #1 just finished his 14 days of antibiotics for pneumonia and that is one fight I'm thrilled to be relieved of.
BabyGirl figured out how to take her pajamas off and I discovered her buck-naked in bed the other morning.
I'm still thanking God that she hadn't pooped because that would've been nasty!

The new year has brought with it the realization that there is a limit to the amount of orange chicken a 6 year old should eat in one sitting.
I'll spare you the details but it wasn't fun to clean that up at 2am!

BigBoy #2 has discovered that it's fun to say that some words are not words in an effort to argue his case with me.

BigBoy #1 is reading!
He's catching onto sight words and loves to read his little books that he gets from school.

BabyGirl is repeating sentences at 19 months and trying her hand at yelling at the boys.
I tell you, I'm glad she's not my firstborn...she would've been extremely bossy big sister if her current behavior is any indication. :)

Bri has kept himself busy with fishing.
We're blessed to have the lake just 10 minutes away so he's seldom gone all day.
His ice shack has had a revolving door...he's had so many people out there this winter!

I just devoured the Hunger Games Trilogy.
Seriously, I read all three books in less than 2 weeks...I lost a few hours of sleep over it because I couldn't put it down!

Our trip to Roseau was wonderful and we enjoyed time with my fam.
The unusual thing about this years trip is that we didn't take any pictures!
None!
I'm not sure how that happened, my sister Tera is usually the one to organize photos of all the kids and she has her hands full these days with her 4 kiddos.
So I think all we have to show for it is a few pictures of the fish the guys caught out on Lake of the Woods (which they may argue are more important anyway!).
BabyGirl took a strong liking to Auntie Trina and followed her around like a shadow...pretty darn cute.
The three little kids were a hoot to watch and the big kids are big enough to disappear for a few hours with minimal altercations.
We may be reaching the start of a new era!

Happy sunny, snowless January!

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you had a great time up north! The kids and I went up to Grygla for the new years and it was just NICE to be HOME!! We rarely get home but once a year so we hit Thief River, Warren AND then Grygla...we had to catch with the two great grandmas. That was precious! Good to hear that all the family is doing good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you