Soul Sisters Shopping Expedition

This weekend I was blessed to spend about 30 hours (not like I was counting) with my dear friend, Angie.
Ang and I suffered through toughed out nursing school together and became fast friends our junior year.
She always seems to know what I'm thinking, what I'm wishing and what I need.
Cards and phone calls from her have pulled me through many tough times and she has been there to celebrate the wonder in my life.
Our first children are 10 months apart and her last and my middle are 3 months apart.
She's my beloved soul sister, or as Anne of Green Gables would say, we are kindred spirits.

Enough mush and on to the good stuff...

Saturday we met up and started our weekend away at the Mall of America.
We shopped and shopped and shopped some more.
No long lunch for us, mall food and we were off again!
6 hours and twice as many bags later we made our way to the hotel.
(*just a side note, always buy your candles last on a marathon spree, they get heavy F.A.S.T)

Upon entering our dark room we both realized something was different.
There was a lovely vase of flowers on the desk with hand made cards from Angie's kids and a sweet note from her man.
To say she was stunned and thrilled is an understatement!

Angie's flowers!

A phone call and 20 minutes later we found ourselves indulging in Papa John's pizza, curled up in pajamas ready to talk until we...dozed off.
We lasted until 11pm, had plenty of uninterrupted conversation and slept like babes.

Morning brought more sleep (we didn't wake until 8:30am!) and more...shopping, of course!
My shopping list was completed as were some of my wishlist items (a little hard on the budget to be sure).
Ang found an awesome pair of red shoes.
I bought killer boots and some skinny jeans which I had previously vowed to never wear!.
We parted ways, tired but joyful to have spent so much time together and proud of our accomplishments.

Thanks again to our wonderful men, and Ang, can't wait 'til we get those matching mansions!

As a side note, my husband bought a tree stand while I was away so the kids must not have caused too much trouble. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you