A babysitter: Just what the (psychiatrist) doctor ordered
At the risk of sounding ungrateful during this time of remembering those we're grateful for I have to salute my babysitter.
I am thankful for her.
She saves my day when I can't take one more minute.
Need an example?
Today all I heard and felt were the screams and pokes and proddings of my three little ones.
Every time I turned around someone was hurt or hungry or...something that made them cry (and I still don't know what that thing was).
I had truly reached my whits end and when my brilliant husband tossed out the idea of a babysitter.
He was on his way to work and could do nothing for me but offer extremely ingenious ideas.
3 texts later and I had a sitter that could spell me within the hour.
Now THAT is something to be thankful for!
I left, she was happy, they were happy.
All went well until I walked in again and triggered the whines by my very presence.
But a break is an amazing thing and I knew I could handle the next two hours.
And I did.
Thanks to my sitter...for whom I am grateful.
PS. I'm also quite grateful for my sleeping children...is there anything more beautiful the the heavy lids, rhythmic breathing and...sweet speechless lips?
I am thankful for her.
She saves my day when I can't take one more minute.
Need an example?
Today all I heard and felt were the screams and pokes and proddings of my three little ones.
Every time I turned around someone was hurt or hungry or...something that made them cry (and I still don't know what that thing was).
![]() |
| Not my kid but a PERFECT example of what my day looked and felt like. |
I had truly reached my whits end and when my brilliant husband tossed out the idea of a babysitter.
He was on his way to work and could do nothing for me but offer extremely ingenious ideas.
3 texts later and I had a sitter that could spell me within the hour.
Now THAT is something to be thankful for!
I left, she was happy, they were happy.
All went well until I walked in again and triggered the whines by my very presence.
But a break is an amazing thing and I knew I could handle the next two hours.
And I did.
Thanks to my sitter...for whom I am grateful.
PS. I'm also quite grateful for my sleeping children...is there anything more beautiful the the heavy lids, rhythmic breathing and...sweet speechless lips?

Too funny Tember! Whose the sitter? Alyson? Who cares? Anyone who gives us a break is a god-send.
ReplyDelete