Not quite bored but...

There have been interludes of my life as a mom that have been marked with a sort of boredom.
Not a, there's-nothing-to-do-I'm-so-bored type boredom, it's more vague than that.
It's a general sense of never completing anything or having something of purpose to do.
Not being able to measure and state with satisfaction that I accomplished...anything.
My days are marked by piles of laundry that momentarily shrink only to have them grow again.
Dishes that were dirty, now clean, now dirty again.
A floor that is usually mopped but never clean.
In fact, I am always looking for the perfect time to mop my floor and was saying such to a friend who wisely responded: There's no such thing as a good time to clean the floor.
That oddly set me free from the search of finding the right time and I'm settling on any time I can.

With children at several ages of toddler and childhood we are always second-guesssing our parenting.
We try to be consistent but consistently feel that it's not working.
We've yet to see the fruit of our labor that would tell us we're on the right track.
Even this feels like mostly work and little reward these days.
I guess that's where faith comes in as we trust God to lead us.

And so it comes back around to what I should do with my time (what little extra there is) that would fill me with contentment.
Perhaps there is no such thing.
Perhaps I'm just in a stage of in-between with our youngsters.
Perhaps I need to get back to work (I've had a couple weeks off).
Perhaps I should take up hunting, or fishing. ;)
Perhaps I need to just enjoy the fact that this is what I'm purposed to do right now...even if I'm not sure what this is or where it is going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you