How Knowing French Could Have Saved Me $50
One of the things on my list when on my weekend shopping spree was some new perfume.
I had a particular one in mind and was scouting the best price.
From Perfumania to Nordstrom Rack, Macy's to Bloomingdales I went in search of a bargain.
The perfume I was coveting was Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana and I couldn't get enough of the smell.
It somehow reminds me of the anniversary weekends I have spent with my man and mmm...it makes my heart happy.
Nordstrom Rack proved the best bang for my buck and with glee I plucked it off the shelf and turned over my hard earned money.
Minutes later I ripped open the package and spritzed some on me.
Um...this smells different...I thought.
I asked Ang to smell it and she said different but still good.
I couldn't get over the musky smell because I remembered it being light and almost fruity.
I got home and started doing some research.
I was wondering if perhaps it had gone bad...or they changed the formula?
I clicked on a picture of my bottle and realized...
I had bought cologne.
WHAT?!
It didn't say ANYWHERE that this was cologne or for men.
Seriously, nowhere!
But it did say Pour Homme.
Which I now know means For Him in French
So this Poor Homie (that's how it's pronounced, right?) just realized that she's out 50 bucks and has a bottle of Light Blue Cologne that will last forever.
Hope it smells delightful on my deer hunter because guess what he's getting for Christmas? ;)
I had a particular one in mind and was scouting the best price.
From Perfumania to Nordstrom Rack, Macy's to Bloomingdales I went in search of a bargain.
The perfume I was coveting was Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana and I couldn't get enough of the smell.
It somehow reminds me of the anniversary weekends I have spent with my man and mmm...it makes my heart happy.
Nordstrom Rack proved the best bang for my buck and with glee I plucked it off the shelf and turned over my hard earned money.
Minutes later I ripped open the package and spritzed some on me.
Um...this smells different...I thought.
I asked Ang to smell it and she said different but still good.
I couldn't get over the musky smell because I remembered it being light and almost fruity.
I got home and started doing some research.
I was wondering if perhaps it had gone bad...or they changed the formula?
I clicked on a picture of my bottle and realized...
I had bought cologne.
WHAT?!
It didn't say ANYWHERE that this was cologne or for men.
Seriously, nowhere!
But it did say Pour Homme.
Which I now know means For Him in French
So this Poor Homie (that's how it's pronounced, right?) just realized that she's out 50 bucks and has a bottle of Light Blue Cologne that will last forever.
Hope it smells delightful on my deer hunter because guess what he's getting for Christmas? ;)


Too bad..they were selling them for 3 Euros in Italy...of course I doubt they were the real deal though!
ReplyDelete