This is your brain...
...this is your brain on drugs.
Any questions?
Remember that ad?
It was a huge thing when I was in school, probaby won't ever forget it.
Lately I've been wondering if this is my brain.
Wouldn't be from drugs, as I never dabbled in that stuff.
But I'm thinking it's from babies.
Seriously!
A bra size isn't the only thing I lost with each baby.
Some days I can't even put a complete sentence together.
Or remember where I need to be and when.
I missed both enrollement night and meet the teacher night for Caleb's preschool this month.
BOTH.OF.THEM.
And I just realized that might mean he's not enrolled (I did register him in the spring...).
Oops.
I was lying down desperately trying to catch a nap before my night shift tonight when I got to thinking a phone call to the school might be in order.
I left a slightly hysterical voicemail stating my oversight and the fact that we would still like Caleb in the Blue class this year.
What is up with this Mommy Brain business?
Are there any researchers out there trying to find the cure?
Maybe we should come up with a ribbon color for this disease.
We could tie it around all of our fingers and toes to help us remember that we have a problem.
My husband so politely asked what we should do about the fact that I keep missing these things.
I politely responded that I just need to get everything on the calendar.
His inquiry helped me realize that I'm going to have to get organized and fast.
Or we just may miss the first day of school...
If you have any solutions to this type of Mommy failure, please share!
And any stories you have to help make me feel normal would be appreciated as well. :)
Any questions?
Remember that ad?
It was a huge thing when I was in school, probaby won't ever forget it.
Lately I've been wondering if this is my brain.
Wouldn't be from drugs, as I never dabbled in that stuff.
But I'm thinking it's from babies.
Seriously!
A bra size isn't the only thing I lost with each baby.
Some days I can't even put a complete sentence together.
Or remember where I need to be and when.
I missed both enrollement night and meet the teacher night for Caleb's preschool this month.
BOTH.OF.THEM.
And I just realized that might mean he's not enrolled (I did register him in the spring...).
Oops.
I was lying down desperately trying to catch a nap before my night shift tonight when I got to thinking a phone call to the school might be in order.
I left a slightly hysterical voicemail stating my oversight and the fact that we would still like Caleb in the Blue class this year.
What is up with this Mommy Brain business?
Are there any researchers out there trying to find the cure?
Maybe we should come up with a ribbon color for this disease.
We could tie it around all of our fingers and toes to help us remember that we have a problem.
My husband so politely asked what we should do about the fact that I keep missing these things.
I politely responded that I just need to get everything on the calendar.
His inquiry helped me realize that I'm going to have to get organized and fast.
Or we just may miss the first day of school...
If you have any solutions to this type of Mommy failure, please share!
And any stories you have to help make me feel normal would be appreciated as well. :)

Comments
Post a Comment