I hate to be ill-prepared but once again...

...Valentine's Day snuck up on me like every other year.
Seriously, I do realize it's always February 14th but I just can't pull it together in an organized manner!
Thankfully I have a husband who does well with that particular holiday which makes me a grateful woman.
The boys woke to a balloon by their beds and a scavenger hunt for a box of chocolates.
BabyGirl to a life-sized bear balloon and a much smaller box of chocolates (he is a smart man!).
I, to a dozen red roses on my night stand. :)

The perfect start to the day ended in a very normal way...
...one bear balloon cut apart by a 5 year old who was being disciplined and was alone in his room with the balloon and a scissors (why the heck did he have those?!?) resulting in the permanent loss of his box of chocolates.
...a beautiful plate of fruit creatively Valentiney rejected by two of my "not-hungry" children (who, FYI, are ALWAYS hungry).
...an early bedtime for my artificial-flavor-and-color drugged children.

How "normal" was your V-day???
Did you plan ahead?
Sam's Valentine's box- Minecraft Aaron Rodgers

My best attempt at a V-day treat.
Can't go wrong with an X made of whipped cream, right?!?

The kids before they decided they didn't want to eat any of it. :)
BabyGirl was smart, though...she put away the whipped cream in record time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you