Thanks and giving: A heart needs both


Thanksgiving begs reflection and this year I decided to give ample thought to all it held.
A year ago we were cozied up in our sweet little home where we had celebrated every holiday since we wed.
No thoughts of moving, building, temporary housing.
Simply content that our family was complete, I finally had no more longings of pregnancy or babies and we were satisfied.
Then came February.
The month of cyclic dissatisfaction and discontentment.
Every.Single.Year.
Somehow the house starts to feel small and inadequate that time of year.
This year, we contacted a realtor.
Long story short, we sold our home in a month and a half and here we sit...homeless and building and grateful.

When we got out of debt last year we felt God calling us to give of our finances.
There are tons of teachings on giving and tithing and I'm not an expert on the topic.
We decided to follow God's nudging and have been giving back to Him.
Funny thing, since we've been giving we have not had less than when we weren't giving.
Many times we have had more.

I'm thankful.
Thankful for His hugeness.
For our new house (however slowly it is coming along).
For a living situation that is working better than we could have dreamed.
For health and a new reasons to be healthy.
For family.
Amazing friends.
A job I love that allows me to be home with my kids most of the time but gives me an out when I need it.
For a season of contentment.
For more than enough.

And Mom's lefse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you