The Tears Keep Coming

It's irrational that I'm still crying a hour after dropping BigBoy #1 at Kindergarten.
He was so excited.
I was so excited.
He was fine when we left.
I was not fine when we left.

There's no fear that he will miss me.
Or that he will hate being at school.
Or that the other kids will be mean to him.
I'm certain he will thrive, he has been ready for months now.

Yet the tears stream soundlessly on my cheeks.
Tears of gratefulness.
Tears of missing him.
Tears of the knowledge that time is passing and this is the beginning of bigger goodbyes.
Tears of knowing I can't control what he sees and hears 8 hours out of the day.
Tears of love...

For everything there is a season under the sun.
We are in a new season and and thankful BigBoy#1 is under the Son.

Comments

  1. Awee..you did cry? That much? cute pic...glad he is still liking it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you