What's in the Bowl?
It's 5:45 am.
I hear a light flick on downstairs as I'm getting ready for work.
Listen to see who and why...
A little grunting.
Hmm, guess BigBoy #1 had to poop.
I went down to help him wipe and tell him to get back to bed.
And to take a look.
You can tell a lot about a kid by their poop.
Now, I haven't always been into poop.
In fact, growing up, I wasn't even allowed to say poop, let alone talk about it.
We Melbys went "Big Job" or "#2".
And in case you were wondering, fart was a four letter word, too.
We tooted.
I will say that I'm not too big on my 3 year old saying fart.
I call it gas.
He yells "I farted, hahahahaha".
I think Grandma just about has a heart attack every time she hears it (and I still cringe).
ANYWAY...
Back to Big Job aka #2 aka poop aka stool, etc.
My in-laws are the ones who clued me into the merits of having healthy bowel movements.
I had never heard of colon blow (psyllium husk) until I became a Dickman.
And oh the discussions we've had.
I've developed a classification system.
I know, I know, but I'm a nurse...
There's the single-wiper.
We strive for that. No mess, healthy looking formed stool.
(are you getting grossed out yet?)
Then there's the multiple-wiper.
Something must be off in their diet.
Too much juice? Not enough veggies? Too much junk?
Finally, the "use up the whole role" kind of poop.
I'm not a big fan of that. Something is definitely wrong.
Getting sick? Been sick?
Oh so many questions when I encounter that kind of poop.
You'll be delighted to know that the poop in the bowl this morning looked good.
Formed.
Single-wipe.
Normally colored.
Not too stinky.
Oh, and did I mention how important stooling is in my profession?
Perhaps that's where the rest of the poop fascination comes in.
I change poopy diapers for a living.
And poop can tell a lot about a sick baby.
I can almost predict the future by it...
Count on me for your daily dose of TMI. :)
I hear a light flick on downstairs as I'm getting ready for work.
Listen to see who and why...
A little grunting.
Hmm, guess BigBoy #1 had to poop.
I went down to help him wipe and tell him to get back to bed.
And to take a look.
You can tell a lot about a kid by their poop.
Now, I haven't always been into poop.
In fact, growing up, I wasn't even allowed to say poop, let alone talk about it.
We Melbys went "Big Job" or "#2".
And in case you were wondering, fart was a four letter word, too.
We tooted.
I will say that I'm not too big on my 3 year old saying fart.
I call it gas.
He yells "I farted, hahahahaha".
I think Grandma just about has a heart attack every time she hears it (and I still cringe).
ANYWAY...
Back to Big Job aka #2 aka poop aka stool, etc.
My in-laws are the ones who clued me into the merits of having healthy bowel movements.
I had never heard of colon blow (psyllium husk) until I became a Dickman.
And oh the discussions we've had.
I've developed a classification system.
I know, I know, but I'm a nurse...
There's the single-wiper.
We strive for that. No mess, healthy looking formed stool.
(are you getting grossed out yet?)
Then there's the multiple-wiper.
Something must be off in their diet.
Too much juice? Not enough veggies? Too much junk?
Finally, the "use up the whole role" kind of poop.
I'm not a big fan of that. Something is definitely wrong.
Getting sick? Been sick?
Oh so many questions when I encounter that kind of poop.
You'll be delighted to know that the poop in the bowl this morning looked good.
Formed.
Single-wipe.
Normally colored.
Not too stinky.
Oh, and did I mention how important stooling is in my profession?
Perhaps that's where the rest of the poop fascination comes in.
I change poopy diapers for a living.
And poop can tell a lot about a sick baby.
I can almost predict the future by it...
Count on me for your daily dose of TMI. :)

That's not too much info for me, I had a poop from Turner this morning that I wanted to take a pic of...tooo many raisins!
ReplyDeletePapa gave all the kids lots of candy and birthday cake Tuesday night. Sam's "Big Job" should have been a "multi wiper". Hmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteOh I bet that was impressive, Suz! I guess Sam takes after me, T. He can eat anything and still poop healthy. :) BUT he does get a bit more wild from it than I do.
ReplyDelete