I love you big as the sky...

She's the picture you see in the movies...princess nightgown, plush puppy, favorite blankie.
Sweaty hair swept across her precious forehead, cheeks flush from sleep, her chest rising and falling.
The tantrum that got her there early long forgotten in the quiet of her rhythmic breathing.


He's the picture you see in the movies... head tipped to one side, camo comforter across his bare little boy chest, pair of six guns peaking from under the pillow, favorite blankie hidden but there.
The mean words that got him there early long forgotten in the flutter of his "too long to be wasted on a boy" lashes as he dreams.

Big He is the picture you see in the movies... newly-long hair tossed across his face, favorite blankie now stowed away. His stance even at rest one of strength. He's becoming a man, but my boy child while he sleeps.
The strength that brought tears to his brother from a punch tossed in anger now silent as he rests.

It seemed possible that the endless energy of my three would forever cause me to fall in bed of exhaustion. Certainly there was no end in sight?

Here I sigh, grateful to be sure for I am finally up later than they, basking in the quiet, not yet comatose.

But a little tearful as I know...I miss the days that came before and I'll certainly miss these days evermore. Because in these quiet moments I am reminded of my love that reaches no bounds for these three resting babes. And time waits for no one.

I love you big as the sky and deep as the ocean (one hundred thousand twenty forty, sixty, two hundred and sixty-four as BabyGirl is sure to add every time I tell her those words).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you