Sleepless and dreaming of pigs
It's the middle of the night and my man's wacky schedule (and his need to share his sleeplessness with me) has me a wake, hopefully not for long.
My brain is full with thought of all the changes this time of year brings.
BigBoy #1 finished his last day of Kindergarten!
It is truly surprising how quickly the year has gone and overall how well he did.
The day was bittersweet for him and he said when he got home that he doesn't like weekends when there's no school after them. :)
Nevermind that just yesterday he was fussing about wanting to stay home and play!
But it's good for him to be left wanting more and looking forward to 1st grade.
And a guinea pig.
Yep, for real, he is pining after a guinea pig in the worst way.
Being our single-track minded child he has a hard time thinking about anything else when he has something on his mind and right now that's a furry rat-pig.
We're talking about it but teaching him to wait for things AND save his money so he can buy it.
It's been a good thing in our home to get the kids doing some chores where they earn "commission".
If they do their work, they get paid and can buy things like...guinea pigs.
I'm continuing my experiment of time off FB and social media and I've gotta say, it's been a productive week.
I muddied the waters a bit because not only did I cut out a time-sucker, I made a plan for getting cleaning done so I'm not sure which has me working most effectively or if it's a combo.
I've learned that I'm task-oriented and do well with a goal in mind so my little "cleaning the bathroom" plan appears to be working!
Most of the to-do list is completed (although I cheated a bit and instead of pulling out the screw, spackling and painting, I just screwed it all the way in because ironically, the color of the screwhead matches better than the touch up paint I have!) with only 1 or 2 things remaining.
Woohoo!
Before I bore you to death I suppose I should sign off.
Oh, and while I'm posting this link on FB, I'm still not hanging out on there, it just looks like I am!
My brain is full with thought of all the changes this time of year brings.
BigBoy #1 finished his last day of Kindergarten!
It is truly surprising how quickly the year has gone and overall how well he did.
The day was bittersweet for him and he said when he got home that he doesn't like weekends when there's no school after them. :)
Nevermind that just yesterday he was fussing about wanting to stay home and play!
But it's good for him to be left wanting more and looking forward to 1st grade.
And a guinea pig.
Yep, for real, he is pining after a guinea pig in the worst way.
Being our single-track minded child he has a hard time thinking about anything else when he has something on his mind and right now that's a furry rat-pig.
We're talking about it but teaching him to wait for things AND save his money so he can buy it.
It's been a good thing in our home to get the kids doing some chores where they earn "commission".
If they do their work, they get paid and can buy things like...guinea pigs.
I'm continuing my experiment of time off FB and social media and I've gotta say, it's been a productive week.
I muddied the waters a bit because not only did I cut out a time-sucker, I made a plan for getting cleaning done so I'm not sure which has me working most effectively or if it's a combo.
I've learned that I'm task-oriented and do well with a goal in mind so my little "cleaning the bathroom" plan appears to be working!
Most of the to-do list is completed (although I cheated a bit and instead of pulling out the screw, spackling and painting, I just screwed it all the way in because ironically, the color of the screwhead matches better than the touch up paint I have!) with only 1 or 2 things remaining.
Woohoo!
Before I bore you to death I suppose I should sign off.
Oh, and while I'm posting this link on FB, I'm still not hanging out on there, it just looks like I am!

To cute about Sam really wanting a guinea pig :) I hope your were able to get some sleep! Great job on all your cleaning and getting things done :) Love ya :)
ReplyDelete