The winds of change smell delightful!

Week four of Bri on the night shift and we are still pumped about it!
The sleep, of course, is the biggest issue.
I spent all morning with the kids yelling at them to talk quieter...yep, really did and realize it makes no sense.
It would seem that's the hardest thing, keeping the kiddos in a more hushed state to assure uninterrupted sleep for their slumbering dad.
The weather has cooled again which brings us back inside more.
Soon we'll be able to spend every morning out again.
The shift itself has been a blessing...quieter in the factory, more productivity, less negativity.
All in all a good shift for our family at this time.

But the real kicker???
BigBoy #1 is doing GREAT with school these days!
It was as close to a 180 as you can get.
Bri started on nights and within a week Sam wasn't having any tearful mornings.
No more drudging into school and constant obssession with staying near me or Dad.
He's still not going all the way by himself but he does the important part- walking into his classroom- without me.
Isn't God amazing?
I love to see how He uses our desperate state to show His presence.
Had the opportunity to work nights come back in November we would never have seen it as the blessing it was.
At this point it's impossible to miss His hand on this!

BigBoy #2 continues to be our biggest source of joy and frustration.
One minute he is loving us and saying great things like "I did so well on that because you helped me, Mom", and the next he's saying he might hate me forever.
The talking back has hit full-force and every time we say no he responds with a statement of "if you don't let me do this then I'm going to throw {some object}."
The hot sauce came out last night and did some good (we're talking a drop on my finger onto his tongue, NOT pouring it down his throat like that one lady that got a lot of media attention a year or so ago).
The mild burning did remind him to control his tongue.


BabyGirl is potty training!
Due to a desire to get out of every diaper the second it was wet we decided to give the potty chair a try.
Week 2 finds us mostly potty trained, having just a few accidents a day (and dipes at nap and bedtime) and she's finally starting to tell me some when she needs to go!
I can't even tell you how excited I am to buy fewer diapers since the boys are still in pull-ups at night.
We've been buying diapers for almost 7 years and no end in sight...

Finally, I've been thinking a lot about my Grandma Melby this week.
She would have been 88 this past Monday.
When I was 12 years old I got a phone call from my parents while at Bible Camp.
Standing in the food hall on the corded dial phone I heard my dad say that Grandma had died.
I was shocked.
She was 69 and up until a month or so prior she had been the picture of health.
And truly, the quintessential grandma, deserving of her own blogpost which I will share tomorrow.

Ah, my house is quiet now, I think I'm going to go read...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you