Live to cry another day

I admit defeat.
Today is a day that has me beat.
Sleepless night begets teary waking hours.
And me crying out to His Holy Powers.
One child wakes crabby and febrile
Another does not want to go to school, even for a little while.
The hand of my man provides strength and support.
The day has passed and it took much effort.
I wave the flag of white tonight
And pray tomorrow's morning will be bright.

*Even in the midst of the blessing that is parenthood the trials can overcome, if even for a few hours. I know you all have many sorrows, some so huge that things like a child with separation issues and another with pneumonia would be just a blip on the radar. It is with a tired, heavy heart that I am thankful for problems so small. God brings us through it all, may His hand be ever comforting and strengthening as He has promised.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you