How can you argue with that?

Our older 2 kids are 20 months apart. The oldest, Sam, wasn't a tremendously verbal kid. Everything was physical. Then came his brother, Caleb. We're convinced he is so much more verbal because that's the only way he can beat up his brother. He'll never win in a wrestling match with Sam but when it comes to saying hurtful things, he'll win in an instant. But he also says some of the most seriously funny stuff for a 3 year old! When he does something he shouldn't we'll ask him why he did it and he'll always have an answer. Not necessarily one that makes sense, though. For example: "Caleb, why did you draw on the wall when you know you're not allowed to do that?" His response? "Because my bike seat is all wet." Huh?? My hubby and I are constantly taken off guard by his responses and frequently have to hide our smiles behind a twitching cheek.

So just for fun, here are a few more things that Caleb has said this month that sparked unexpected laughter (and likely kept him from getting in trouble):

"Caleb, did you pee in your pants, they are all wet!"... "No, I think it was my penis that did that."

Caleb was playing with a metal firetruck and ran into his brother's leg on purpose. The consequence to his naughty behavior was to have Daddy take the firetruck away. When asked if he knew why he had his truck taken away he responded, "Because Daddy was naughty and took it away from me."

Conversation between Caleb and Sam in the bathroom: "Sam, pretend I'm Mom so's then I can wipe your butt".

On our way home from the aquarium I asked the boys what their favorite part was. Sam said he loved the sharks and thought all the fish were cool. Caleb's response? "My favorite part is going home."

Sam also says his share of funny things so I'll throw one in from him:

We saw 4 police cars with their lights on behind a car on our way home. Sam says "Mom, I want you to be naughty and I'll be naughty and we'll both go in jail. That way I have my mommy in jail..."

There's certain to be more so I'll add them on as they bless us with them!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue: Glory and the Return of All Things Lost

Rewind and Review: Blessing and Gratitude

Living in a land that chose you